Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome To My Irate Blog!

Why does this blog exist? You know why! I, like possibly many other Asian Women, are sick, repulsed, and tired of the bullshit- from the "China doll"/"Geisha Girl"/"Hyper-sexual"/"Submissive Woman"/etc. stereotypes to the loser racist (and sexist) males (usually weeaboo) who try to woo, trap, then doom us all. How many times does some sexist man who is afraid of women start rambling on a "Men's Rights" forum about how women are "money hungry, emasculating, cunts, sluts, etc.", then automatically say, "...except Asian women-they bow every time you get home from work, they raise your kids, they cook your meals and they obey you-now that's a real woman!" (Of course, considering it's a "Men's Rights" forum, they'd be less grammatically correct) It makes me want to say a lot of things, from "Fuck you, dicks!" to "Stay away from my Asian sisters - and women and children in general."

Don't get me wrong - EVERY "Minority"/"Majority" woman has at least a handful of repulsive, gag-inducing stereotype associated with them. Same with men! But alas, it seems that the oppression of Asian Women here in the States isn't paid attention to much-although recently, it's slowly gaining attention. (But we want more!) And sometimes, it is even brushed off. *shudder* I mean, Margaret Cho is awesome! But there should be more like her from our Asian sisters-don't fit in to the quiet and docile stereotype- SPEAK OUT! And if you're putting it off, because you don't think you can pull it off or whatever, just realize this; I'm here, a 16 year old Asian American girl, who is risking looking like a complete idiot over one mistake or grammatical error (or maybe just the case of, "I can't explain this right"), but I'm doing it anyway, because I have been putting this off for too long, even when I told myself a long time ago that I would DO THIS. And trust me, you can't be worse at this than I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I can't tell you how many stereotypes South Asian Americans face; it's disgusting and ridiculous. I should blog about that.

Sadie Li said...

Right on, sister! We must gather more and stand against oppression in the media. I want to do an article about that IHop commercial with the white guy with the "nunchucks", but Angry Asian Man might have covered that...

Unrelated: I also wore orange at my school today and had the opportunity to discuss Guantanamo Bay-you'd be surprised that some of them don't know what Guantanamo Bay is-a very scary statement.

Janet said...

I wish I had had your balls (haha) at 16. I had such low self esteem. I even dated a white loser who told me he picked six asian women and started with me b/c I was the hottest & he would have worked his way down if I had said no ... yes, shame, shame shame. Thanks for kicking some ass, young lady. Stay true and may you find a WORTHY match some day. Don't give up.